ready for cocktails!? make mine a margarita! i finished this on friday...i worked on it instead of the alteration i should have been doing! (it's all good, i finished that on saturday) and the pocket is on ther right side this time! i actually really like the pocket. and i LOVE the pink organza, and the black lace!
i had first thought to overlay the entire apron front with the lace, but that way the pocket does not show, and the black lace ruffle was not as effective. this apron thing is really addictive...what have i gotten myself into!? i have an idea for another, with an embroidery of these two stamps i bought at michael's...they are of a margarita glass and a martini glass. i just have to draw them a little bit bigger, 'cause they a little too small to see! salud!
post script! i noticed after this was written, the new 'cocktail of the day' would be perfect to go with this apron! "martini rosso rapture" two parts red vermouth, 5 parts cranberry juice! skake with ice, strain into glass and serve with an orange slice. that might be a pretty pink cocktail! or maybe a bit more red? oh well, a strawberry daquiri would work fine too! who says the cocktails has to match!? LOL!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ooooooh, my GOODNESS! I want not ready for my little heart to quicken with such delight so early in the day!!!! It is the most beautiful, the most fabulous, the most most most!!!! The color is just fantastic..that perfect pink! LOVE the lace and the ruffle.....the pocket! AAARRRGGH! (Implodes)

You are so cool! :)
Deb said…
Soooo much fun! Reminds me of my Mom bustling around the kitchen... though I must say she was more of a gingham girl rather than the "oo-la-la" type! Am sending you (email) a recipe I received from someone today... sounds yummmmy :0)
cindy said…
hee, hee! amanda you crack me up! you are so great for my ego! don't think i ever caused an 'implosion' before! :]
deb, that recipe is going in the slow cooker tomorrow morning! yum!
Bendtherulz said…
That apron is not for working in kitchen...thats such a show off pc. I like the cocktail recipe' - infact reminds me of a comment when someone told me " Daquiri Girl" ....too stupid to understand that time....lol....
cindy said…
yes, definately a little too showy for working in the kitchen!
Beautiful apron,love the color!
ButtercupElffly said…
Oh those fabrics<--- I am going gnutd over these colors....
Love Them!!

Tess
ButtercupElffly said…
I am going NUTS!!!! Over my typo's!!

Tess :-)

Popular Posts