i have spring fever...

is that even possible if it is not yet spring?! it is so lovely out today, i don't wanna work! i have been getting loads of stuff done recently though. i finished my costume top for the emerald rain competition performance, here it is above. i haven't yet decided if i will wear it with this red velvet choli, or a black one with lace sleeves. the skirt is also a deep red, and there is a black velvet hip scarf that goes under my belt. i won't be wearing this necklace with it, although i think it looks pretty in the photo!
here is the skirt i finished that is for the peacock colors costume i want to pull together. it needs some blues and purples in there somewhere. (i have the peacock pictures in the header right now to inspire me...aren't they beautiful creatures?!) i have lots of fabrics that would make great pieces for it, and haven't made any decisions on what to do next. that is my greatest flaw i think, indecision! even in the grocery store, i go to the one that is smaller, to avoid all the millions of choices! one day when my one of my daughters are home, and it is nice and light, we will have to play dress up, and take photos of the mixing and matching of all the costume parts i have so far. i have tried it just laying them out on the floor, but it just isn't as much fun!

o.k., i guess now i will go ahead and drag my body to the sewing machine, and start in on the dresses waiting for me to alter them for weddings coming up. (by the way, that is not my alterations rack, that was a shot of the dresses at the shop) it is starting to pick up a bit more, so i will photograph and post more of those soon, too. i am finding that my heart is just not in the bridal things as much anymore. i am getting more bellydance costume work, and that is definately more interesting for me. but on sunny days like today, nothing seems interesting enough to sew, unless i can drag my machine outside! but then, even though it looks pretty out, it is still too chilly to sit outside for that long!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sooooooooooo gorgeous! I think it is coming along beautifully!!! I ahve been in a constant tate of frustration with tryingto make my own dance-pants...teh pallazzos are HUGE...i need someone to come pin 'em to a more body-hugging form and re-try. Adni got a cheap-o choli and OF COURSE it is awful. It's non-stretch cotton and the arms are far too tight for me, therefor completely throwing off the fit across the front. And i can't raise my arms in it AT ALL. such a bummer. i am chubby and need some STRETCH. :( Lesson learned! Email me, if it is close to your size then i will happily pass it along to you if you'd like it...it is nicely made and would be great for practice-wear. Drop me a line when you get a sec and we'll figure it out.
tlchang said…
Luckily it is not too chilly to work in the yard! It's perfect t-shirt weather if you are raking and shoveling. I've had a few early spring things that I *had* to do before it got any later in the year, and the sunshine the past few days was a perfect excuse. Now back to indoor studio drudgery...

Your bellydance costuming projects look gorgeous. Love all the layers and textures and colors.
Bemused Boomer said…
This is some mighty bee-yu-tee-ful stuff! How could you NOT feel fantastic in this. Hurry and get your daughters to play dress up so you can post pictures of the three of you in various peacock colors!

I've been reading, looking for a date of your performance, but I'm not finding it here. I suspect that is not a mistake...:)
Anonymous said…
Oh your costume is SO BEAUTIFUL Cindy! With such an attention to detail. I have a feeling you're going to win this competition! Glad your work is picking up.

Your Peacock Banner looks so happy!

xo
Constance

Popular Posts