so very long

I haven't posted in a very long time. I found my blog recently and spent hours reading some of the old posts and realized how very different life is now.

I don't have the kitties anymore.  That is a great sadness for me.  The lovely yellow fur baby went to a friend who found him a good home and my beloved furry black kitty I finally lost after 19 years.


I have traveled a lot since my last post.  I have been to Ireland, Turkey, Croatia and Bosnia. And we have been to my favorite place in the world Puerto Vallarta a couple times.  We have survived the pandemic and trying to find a way forward in life.  Life has had so many changes and the change seems to be ongoing whether we like it or not.  I thought it might be nice to come back to this blog and document things again.

During the pandemic, I did stay at home for a time and found lots of crafting, sewing, gardening, cooking time.  I did do the sourdough thing when we could not find yeast anywhere, and the bread came out pretty good!  I was very happy with it.  And then we couldn't find flour and that was the end of that.  Now we can find both but I am working full time again, and not really having the time to play with the sourdough anymore but stay tuned, I know I'll try again.  I really like baking.

I found lots of quilt squares my Mom had cut out in my fabric stash.  My sister gave me lots of her fabric after she passed away.  I decided to try to make a quilt that my Mom started and finished it during that fun "lockdown" time.  I have some pictures I will post later, but I am re-learning how to post this stuff again, it looks like I forgot how!

Comments

Popular Posts