emerald rain weekend

so here it is! our first performance went pretty well! we didn't mess up too terribly, and we had a lot of fun, in spite of being totally terrified! it was quite exciting and exhilarating, and i am looking forward to doing it again. i had a slight wardrobe malfunction, though not anywhere near a janet jackson one...i had an ankle chain on, and during the performance it came loose and fell off. i was trying to kick it out of the way so we were not all stepping on it, but we ended up getting a little distracted by that. but that was the only really bad thing! all my family came out to see me, and my friend from bemused boomer showed up too! she blogged about it on her blog too. (i love you susan!)

it was a great weekend, there were terrific performances all weekend, and i spent most of it there. i got to see my very first bellydance instructor, and she saw my performance too. i also got to hear the whole story about how the bellydance classes started up at ottoman trading company, and funny to find out that i have actually been involved in them from the very start!

there was also some fun stuff to buy, and i will put the links in the sidebar under 'fun places to shop'. i was a good girl, and didn't buy a lot of stuff...o.k., it wasn't 'cause i was a good girl, it was 'cause i was a broke girl! anyway, i know where to find them all, if i do wanna buy stuff later!

Comments

Bemused Boomer said…
Cinderelly, you are the coolest! Not only did you get up the courage to perform, you posted a picture (in which you look fabulous!) Of course I posted a piece about the competition on my blog--it was the most fun learning experience I've had in a long time. Thanks!
Anonymous said…
Oooh, you look amazing!!! So glad it went well and you had fun! :) I hear you with being broke gilr faced with amazing vendors....Southern Oasis this past weekend was almost physically painful for me to resist the fab goodies...i am checking out your links! :D

xoxox amanda button
Anonymous said…
Ohooooooo You are a Superduper Belly dancing belle! You look terrific in your costume! I admire you for making such a great piece of art! AND your new do looks great. You have good hair!

Thanks for sharing this!
xo
Constance
Anonymous said…
What a gorgeous soul you are! The costume looks fabulous :) Deb
eatme_delicious said…
Sounds like a lot of fun. :)
Anonymous said…
You are so beautiful!! Oh yes, the anklet... That happened to me once, but at a discoteque. And my anklet ended up being grinded bits and pieces.. xo

Popular Posts