Saturday, April 10, 2010

can-can dress for bella jovan

i have a friend, bella, that is a bellydancer, and she came to me needing a troupe costume to match her troupemate's, but that costume was no longer being made. this is it above. doesn't look too hard, right?  so, you know i of course said, "um yeah, i think i can do that!"

well, turns out, i could make it work!  the hardest part was tracking down all the components to make it work, and look the same as the others.  i only had to go to four stores.  i think it came out o.k.!  here is what it turned out to look like...now if it only fits.  keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Wendy the (Very) Good Witch said...

Wow....great work you do! We have two things in common right off the bat...the love of Halloween and Bellydancing.

Well...honestly, I don't know if I can say I LOVE it just yet. This is my first year of taking it, but I've always been thrilled by it, so I thought I would try to learn. Problem is, I don't look nearly as sensuous as my teacher doing it, and that always makes me discouraged. But I keep plugging along. In fact they are having a big Hafla this weekend. I will get to go see my first show. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the costumes. I am a photographer/artist so I already had some hip scarves in my 'wardrobe' and my personal street style is fairly bohemian as well, so I guess it was a natural fit. Nice you meet you! :o)

cinderelly said...

thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! don't get too discouraged with the bellydance...if you just think of it as fun, it will be! yes, the costumes are the best part aren't they?!